Episode 44 | Imperfection
“When perfectionism is driving us, shame is always riding shotgun and fear is the backseat driver.” – Brené Brown
In this episode, we discuss the ways that perfectionism holds us back in our businesses. We often see perfectionism used as an excuse for procrastination or as a reason to hold ourselves back once we’ve reached a certain level of success.
Here are the 7 perfectionistic tendencies we’ve identified in our own business and with our clients:
- You procrastinate until the stars align.
- You often spend copious amounts of time just to perfect something that just isn’t that important.
- You have an all-or-nothing approach.
- Inflexibility. You have a very specific manner in which things should be done.
- Intolerance for mistakes. You are extremely hard on yourself.
- You focus on the destination, rather than the journey. It’s all about the end result.
- Your success is never good enough.